Tomorrow is Earth Day – This year’s theme is planting trees, the first of five major initiatives earthday.org is undertaking to make a significant impact towards a cleaner, healthier, more sustainable planet. As Earth Day approaches its 50th anniversary, help earthday.org reach its ambitious goal of planting 7.8 billion trees!
In the morning,
- Take an extra short shower
- Turn off the water as you brush your teeth or shave
- Make a green smoothie for breakfast
In the afternoon,
- Walk, ride a bike or take public transportation to do your errands; if you drive, go the speed limit to conserve energy
- Take a reusable water bottle or mug with you
- Pick up any litter you see and recycle what can be recycled
- Sow some seeds
In the evening,
- Have a meatless “Earth Dinner” by candlelight with local, organic produce; use real cutlery and cloth napkins
- Turn off your computer for one hour
- Unplug your appliances when you go to bed
While everyday is really earth day, make a special effort tomorrow to honor our beautiful planet.
For more green living tips, visit greenwithbetsy.com.
Image and some information compiled from earthday.org.