I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Grassfed Mama ~ Life among the Growing. Thank you Grassfed Mama – I’m honored. I like your blog too!
So when you are nominated for the Liebster Award there are some steps that you must follow:
-Nominees must link back the person who nominated.
-Answer the 10 questions that are given by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have fewer than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for the new nominees to answer.
-Go to the nominee blogs and notify them about their nominations
Here are my answers to Grassfed Mama’s questions.
1. What is your favorite breakfast?
My smoothie, which I have been having for 15 years. It varies from day-to-day, but basically I start with almond milk (homemade is the best), kefir, and a bit of cider or black cherry juice for the liquid, then add a banana, frozen blueberries, strawberries or whatever you have (make sure all berries are organic – they are a heavily sprayed crop), and pineapple. Sometimes I add an apple too. To that I add chia seeds, hemp seeds and omega -3 fish oil. It’s delicious and a great way to get several servings of fruit and omega-3. I’m satiated all morning!
2. What are you reading right now?
I just finished Mastering The Art of French Eating by Ann Mah and am about to start Wild by Cheryl Strayed.
3. What do you like to do when you have a free afternoon?
Depending on the weather, take a walk with a friend.
4. What would be your favorite date night?
Dinner and a good quality, Oscar-contender movie.
5. What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?
A Waldorf salad variation made with broccoli.
6. How did you decide on your blog’s name?
My blog – “What’s Green with Betsy?” is a take off on the name of the newspaper column my mother wrote for many years called “What’s New With Meg?”
7. What is your favorite store?
I’m not really a shopper, but I do like going to small, interesting kitchen, clothing and home good shops, especially when I travel.
8. Where is your favorite place in the world?
9. What are your main inspirations for your blog?
I am always thinking about or noticing small things in my daily life that one can do to improve their health or help the environment. If I notice a recycle bin labeled “Landfill”, then I will write a blog post about it. If I’m at a food truck festival and buy a boxed water, I think that’s a novel idea and would make a good blog post. I also try to promote young green entrepreneurs and innovative and practical green products by writing a blog post.
10. What TV show character do you most resemble (in personality or in appearance)?
I don’t’ watch television enough to know of a character I resemble.
So here are my questions to the nominated bloggers.
!. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What is your favorite blog post and why?
3. Where do you like to travel?
4. If you just won $1 million from the lottery, how would you spend it?
5. Do you speak a foreign language?
6. What’s the “greenest” thing you do in your day?
7. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
8. What do you do to relax?
9. Do you go to the movies?
10. What is your most beneficial form of exercise?