I was so excited when I received an email from P.C. Zick, a fantastic blogger and author, nominating me for a Very Inspiring Blog Award! Her blog is interesting and funny, her posts reflect her concern for the earth and her style reminds me of Barbara Kingsolver, one of my favorite authors! Plus, she has the same wordpress theme as I do. You will enjoy reading her blog.
Here are the requirements for this award:
1) Display the award logo on your blog.
2) Link back to the person who nominated you.
3) State 7 things about yourself.
4) Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5) Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven Things About Myself:
1. I was born and raised in Montgomery, Alabama in the 50′s and 60′s during the height of segregation and when integration was first mandated. My parents were very involved with the Civil Rights Movement – my mother drove during the bus boycott – and we had a Ku Klux Klan cross burned in our yard.
2. I spent summers on Cape Cod, very unusual for Alabamians, and am thrilled to call the Cape home again.
3. I studied in Paris in college and then returned a few years later as Assistant Director of the program I had studied on. I was lucky enough to live in Paris twice.
4. I met my husband just before I started my job in Paris and when he visited, we fell madly in love. I didn’t last long at my job, but it was time for me to settle down anyway.
5. My creative, entrepreneurial, tree-loving arborist husband and I have 3 creative, happy, well-adjusted children in their 20′s.
6. I nurture the plants we grow on our farm just like I nurtured my children.
7. We don’t have a tv at our farm and spend our evenings playing games, reading, listening to music and dancing.
My Nominations for the Very Inspiring Blog Award:
I find the world of blogging a fascinating one where I’m “meeting” like-minded individuals whose passions and interests are similar to mine. In this virtual world, we all support one another. I’ve nominated the following bloggers because they share my desire to protect our planet and help create a better world.
1. Where, here and there… - my daughter’s website for her eco-friendly homemade clothing line
2. 101 Cookbooks - a recipe journal
3. Gogreenwithpam.com Healthy Home
4. The Green Life - Daily tips for doing good and living well from Sierra magazine
8. The Dirt Doctor – Natural Organic Gardening and Living
9. The Stay-at-home Scientist Science, Gardening, Work-Life Balance
11. Peaceful Daily
13. Green Home
14. The Soulsby Farm